Plain Redwood Shavings
Plain Redwood Shavings are untreated shavings derived from the
surfacing of lumber at sawmills. The shavings are approximately
3/4” with some sawdust. Plain Redwood Shavings, when
incorporated into the soil, improves soil structure, tilth,
- Amending native sandy soils
- Component of container mixes and soil-less potting mixes
Amending soil, excavate hole twice the
diameter of the root ball and amend excavated soil with
PlainRedwood Shavings and backfill with
mixutre. Heavier clay soils require more organic amendments. Add nitrogen fertilizer to the mixture to prevent nitrogen depletion in soil.
- In soil-less potting mixes, some plants respond differently to the same ratio. Try small trial batches to determine what mix is best for your plants.
- Mulching, apply 2” - 4” of plain redwood shavings around planting area and keep several inches away from the trunks. Fine mulches tend to repel water. Using drip irrigation under the mulch can help provide sufficient water to the plants.
Sieve Analysis % Passing
- PH Range 5.5- 6.5
- Organic % by Weight 80% - 90%
- Approximate Weight 300lbs-500lbs per Cyᶟ
Specification data subject to change. Additional data
available upon request.
Limitation of Warranties: Seller makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the materials; and all warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability and any implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby excluded.