NITROLIZED REDWOOD SHAVINGS
Nitrolized Redwood Shavings are shavings derived from the
surfacing of lumber at sawmills treated with an ammonium nitrate
fertilizer to prevent the nitrogen draw from the soil created by
microorganism’s use of nitrogen to decompose the woody
material . The shavings are approximately 3/4” with some
sawdust. Nitrolized Redwood Shavings decompose at a slower rate
than shavings derived from soft woods such as Fir or Pine. When
incorporated into soil, Nitrolized Redwood Shavings improve soil
structure, tilth, increases nutrient holding capacity of sandy
soils, and improves water drainage.
- Amending native sandy soils
- Component of container mixes and soil-less potting mixes
Amending soil, excavate hole twice the diameter of the
root ball and amend excavated soil with Nitrolized Redwood
Shavings and backfill with
mixture. To prepare soilfor turf, roto-till in 20%-30% by volume into the top 2” - 4” of existing soil.
- In soil-less potting mixes, some plants respond differently to the same ratio. Try small trial batches to determine what mix is best for your plants.
- Mulching, apply 2” - 4” of Nitrolized Redwood Shavings around planting area and keep several inches away from the trunks. Fine mulches tend to repel water. Using drip irrigation under the mulch can help provide sufficient water to the plants.
Sieve Analysis % Passing
- PH Range 6.5-7.5
- Organic % by Weight 80%-90%
- Approximate Weight 300lbs-500lbs per Cyᶟ
Specification data subject to change. Additional data
available upon request.
Limitation of Warranties: Seller makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the materials; and all warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability and any implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby excluded.