A-1 Bedding Mulch
A-1 Bedding Mulch (Organic Fines) is an economical alternative to more costly decorative barks. This mulch is comprised of local tree and landscaping trimmings that are passed through a 1/2” minus screen. A-1 Bedding Mulch also has a combination of light and dark wood with some pine and eucalyptus which gives A-1 Bedding Mulch a nice fragrance. When using A-1 Bedding Mulch under shrub, trees or on top of garden beds, it helps to conserve water, lower soil temperature and reduce weed growth. As a soil amendment, A-1 Bedding Mulch has an acidic PH and high organic content, making it an excellent amendment for native soils.
- Ground Cover / Mulch
- Amending native soils
- Component of Soil-Less Mix
- Recommended application rate for ground cover/mulch is a minimum of 2 to 4 inches deep. One cubic yard covers 324 sqft, 1” deep.
- When mixing with native soil, add one part A-1 Bedding Mulch with one part soil. A nitrogen fertilizer may need to be added. Follow the fertilizer manufacturer’s recommendations.
- In soil-less potting mixes, some plants respond differently to the same ratio. Try small trial batches to determine what mix is best for your plants.
- Composition Local Tree and Landscape Trimmings
- Particle Size ˂1/2”
- Passing 1/4” 92%
- PH Range 5-6
- Organic % by Weight 60% - 80%
- Approximate Weight 400lbs-600lbs per Cyᶟ
Specification data subject to change. Additional data
available upon request.
Limitation of Warranties: Seller makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the materials; and all warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability and any implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby excluded.